Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Share & Voice environmentalhealthnews.org

To start with, I am not a very creative person, therefore an assignment that you can take however you want is difficult for me. So the first thing I did for this assignment was to ask google. I entirely expected to have to wade through pages of junk before finding anything worth reading, but on the very first search I found the Environmental Health News. This website just blew my socks off. I had no idea of two things this website brought out.


The first thing was the fact that this existed. Who would've guessed that there were people out there just to report to you all the environmental injustices. All in one place you can find out nearly anything about what is going on with the environment right now. They have editorials of pieces from mainstream media, as well as their own original articles. 


Environmental Health News: Published by Environmental Health Sciences


The second thing I find interesting about this page is the stuff they are reporting. There are so many things that I have never even heard about on there. Who knew that 1.6 million pounds of lead fall off vehicle tires each year? I know I didn't. Where would you go to find information about new biofuels, or renewable energy? Until now I would have had to spend time surfing the web looking for a reliable source. But having just about everything you want to know about the environment in one location is so much more convenient.


This website is a great resource, no matter what you are working on. It is also updated every day with new articles impacting our environment.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted about this website because I too am going to check it out! It's good that you found an interesting website that is informational and can expand your knowledge. I feel that the more environmental websites there are, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great resource! I'll definitely be visiting it! And I agree with Lana above: the more education we can get out there the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really great website. I can't believe that so much lead falls off vehicle tires every year. I never knew that. I can't wait to check it out to see what other interesting facts and articles they have.

    ReplyDelete