Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Read 'n' Seed 1: "Man vs Wild"

During the course of this semester I will be reading and reporting on the book "Man vs Wild: Survival Techniques From the Most Dangerous Places on Earth", by Bear Grylls.  This is book about survival, simply put. But I intend to get more than that from it. I intend to use it to show interesting ways to live in harmony with the natural world, things that you might not learn from living in a city and buying all your necessities at a store. That is why I chose to read this book.
Bear Grylls is a famous survivalist, and you can read all about him here or here. He has his very own television show, "Man vs Wild", which is very popular, if you haven't seen it you should check it out.
This book has 250 pages in 6 chapters, plus some bonus material at the end. I will be sharing this book in four quarters as follows:
1st quarter - chapter 1
2nd quarter - chapters 2 and 3
3rd quarter - chapters 4 and 5
4th quarter - chapter 6 and extras
I look forward to sharing this book with you, and hearing what you think of it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool book, is it based off of the show on TV "Man vs. Wild"? Even though we live in a time where venturing off into the woods isn't a common thing (at least for me), knowing survival skills is something I think everyone should know. I'll be curious to hear about the tactics you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting book! I'm interested to hear about what survival skills you learn and how it relates to being eco-friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really cool! And if the author has gone all of these places he must have a really interesting life. And especially living up in duluth there are alot of "survival" things you could do on your own in the forests around here.

    ReplyDelete